Is your OneDrive too cluttered? Do you have an iPhone or iPad, and always end up spending several minutes trying to locate a document? Copying and transferring OneDrive files and folders is not very difficult. For decluttering your phone or tab, you can move the files and folders you no longer need to trash. You can either move files individually or in bulk. Follow the processes given in the article to move the files and folders on OneDrive.
Things to Consider Before Moving Files and Folders
- The process may take a while. Even though a single file can get transferred within seconds, if you are transferring a folder that contains several records, the process could take longer.
- You need an internet connection. The faster and better the internet is the faster will your files get transferred and vice versa.
- You cannot transfer files that are over 250MB via SharePoint.
How to Move a Folder?
- Open OneDrive.
- Locate the OneDrive application on the iPhone or iPad and press it.
- Wait for the app to open.
- Touch the blue Sign in option at the middle of the screen.
- Enter the email address and password of the Microsoft account.
- After signing in, click on the Files option with clouds.
- Now, you will be able to see all the documents.
- Go through the folders and select the one you wish to move.
- Press the menu or vertical ellipsis icon located in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on Select Items from the drop-down menu.
- Now, select the folder you wish to move by checking it.
- Check the destination.
- Hit the Move button located at the bottom right corner of the prompt.
How to Move a File?
- Firstly, you need to go to the OneDrive application on your iPhone or iPad.
- Just tap the app, and it will get opened.
- If you aren’t logged in, touch the Sign in option.
- Insert the email and passcode for the OneDrive account.
- Now, touch the Files option located at the bottom.
- You will now be able to see all the files and folders.
- Find the file or the folder wherein the file you wish to transfer is kept.
- You can open subfolder by touching them.
- Now, choose the file.
- Select where you wish to move the file.
- Hit the Move button.
Transferring Folders and Files in Bulk
- Open OneDrive on the device.
- Log in, if needed.
- Go to the Files tab.
- Find the files and folders you wish to transfer.
- Tap on the menu icon located at the top right-hand corner.
- Now, choose the option called Select Items from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the files and folders you wish to transfer by ticking them.
- Ascertain where you wish to move the files and folders.
- Now, hit the Select This Location option.
- Tap on Move.