If you have an iOS device and want to mirror its screen to the TV, then you can do it with an HDMI or Analog cable. To do it wirelessly, you can hook up your iPhone or iPad with an Apple TV using AirPlay. Let’s check the process to hook up your Apple device to a TV.
Via an HDMI Cable and Adapter
- Firstly, you need to get an HDMI adapter. You can get one from Apple or other 3rd party manufacturers that produced Lightning to HDMI adapters that can be connected to the iOS device’s charging port.
- If you have an iPhone 4, then you will have to get a 30-pin to HDMI adapter.
- No iPhones older than iPhone 4 can be connected to the TV via HDMI
- Now, get an HDMI cable.
- Plug in the HDMI adapter into your iPad or iPhone.
- Just secure the HDMI cable to the adapter and TV.
- Turn on the TV and your iOS device.
- Hit the Input or Source button.
- Choose the correct Input source.
- Now, the TV screen will start mirroring the screen on your iPhone.
Via an Analog Cable and Adapter
- Get a suitable analog adapter and a composite or VGA cable.
- After that, plug in the analog adapter to the iPhone or iPad.
- Plug in the analog cable to the adapter and TV.
- Now turn on your TV and iOS device.
- Press the Input or Source button located in the TV’s remote.
- Choose the Input Source.
- The TV screen will start mirroring the screen on your iOS device.
Via AirPlay with Apple TV
- Turn on the Apple TV and change the source to the Apple TV port.
- Now, power on the TV along with the Apple TV unit.
- Bring up the Control Center by swiping up from your iOS device’s screen.
- Touch the AirPlay Mirroring option.
- Now, select AppleTV from the menu.
- Now your Apple TV will start mirroring content from your iPhone.