Now, the Windows operating system comes with lots of new features. But sometimes, these features are not anticipated to be used directly by some standard users. Hence, this means that a small percentage of the huge user base of the operating system influences the use of these features.
Still, they added some major value to the feature list of the operating system. Thus, this feature can be available under the option called as Turn Windows Features on or off. This indicates that if any user wants, they just need to type in Turn Windows feature enable or disable in the search box and easily enable any feature that any users want to enable again.
Below we provide a stepwise guide to turn on or off Optional Windows features on Windows 10. But before following the instruction, we suggest you follow the steps in ascending order to avoid damages and any other error.
Steps to Turn On or Off Optional Windows Features on Windows 10
One of the simplest methods of doing this is that launch the Control Panel, uninstall the program and then choose to Turn Windows features on or off located in the left side of the window. Instead of this, here we will be mentioning a few more ways to enable or disable Optional Windows Features on Windows 10. Here how to do it:
- By using the Windows Powershell.
- By using the Command Prompt.
Method-1: By Using the Windows Powershell
We all know about Windows Powershell, it’s a very powerful tool. While using this, initially, we will be populating the list of all available features, we will be downloading the preferred feature, and after that, we will turn on or off that feature.
- Firstly, to populate the list of features, enter the given command:
- Get-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online
- Next, to “install” any feature from the list, copy and paste the given command:
- Get-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName *Type feature name*
- After that, to “turn on” any downloaded feature, enter the following command:
- Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName “Type feature name” -all
- Lastly, to “turn off” any enabled feature, enter the below-given command:
- Disable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName “Type feature ”
Method-2: By Using the Command Prompt
- Initially, press the Windows + X keys together, or you right-click on the Start button and click on the Command Prompt.
- Next, type the following command to populate the list of all available features easily:
- DISM /online /get-features /format:table | more
- Now, copy the name of the feature which you want to enable it.
- After that, to enable the required feature, type the given command:
- DISM /online /enable-feature /feature name:[Enter the name of the feature here] -All
- Then, to ‘turn off’ any feature which is enabled on your system, you have to follow a few separate steps which are as follows:
- Firstly, ensure that all features are enabled.
- Then, to create a list of enabled features, enter the given below command: DISM /online /get-features /format: table | find “Enabled” | more
- To, disable the Enabled features, type the below-given command:DISM /online /disable-feature /featurename:[Enter the name of the feature here] –All
- Finally, if you want to check any information in detail about any particular feature, then enter this command: DISM /online /get-featureinfo/featurename:[Enter the name of the feature here].